In the value chain, PTE is the fundamental link between raw material manufacturers and the rubber processing industry.
We accompany our customers from the first prototypes to the final product.
The focus of our work is on application-technical consulting and goal-optimized production of the rubber compounds.
A team of developers and technological engineers is at your disposal for common product solutions. Thanks to central coordination and global networking in the areas of development, purchasing and sales, we offer our customers a genuine added value.
We support you in the following areas:
- recipe development to meet particular specifications
- recipe optimisation to reduce costs
- substitution of materials (e.g. by REACh; commodity fall)
- improving the recipe in case of further processing problems
In doing so, customer recipes are protected by absolute discretion outwardly and by a confidential handling of the project employees involved.
PTE is committed not only to meet all certification requirements, but also to set new standards through attentive action across all process levels.
The selection of raw materials already has a decisive influence on the quality of the compounds. PTE therefore only obtains materials from leading companies in the industry. For example, the natural rubbers that we process are obtained exclusively from plantations tested and approved by PTE. Our global supplier network comprises in excess of 150 companies which are all certified according to ISO 9001.
Our catalogue of competences includes the following test and measuring equipment:
- Ozone test chamber
- Rheometer measurement
- Mooney viscosity measurement
- Density and hardness measurement
- Tension tester and abrasion tester
- IR Spectroscopy
- Thermogravimetric analysis (TGA)
- Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)
- Halogen Moisture Analyzer
- Rubber Process Analyzer
- Water content acc. to Karl Fischer
- Pellet hardness tester
Other test methods include thermal investigations and dimensional analytical determinations. PTE also has access to the following test equipment:
- High-pressure reactors for carrying out media storages up to 15 bar
- DMA for determining dynamic parameters
- Climate chamber for environmental simulation from -40 °C to 180 °C
- Ozone cabinet for accelerated ozone ageing
- Combustion chambers for the determination of the burning behaviour
- TGA/DSC for thermal material characterization
- IR microscope for the analysis of the smallest particles
- GC for liquid and head space sample recording and thermos-desorption
- Digital microscope for deep-sharp images at 25 x to 1.000 x magnification
As an internationally active company, PTE supplies compounds in the desired delivery form to customer locations worldwide. Of course, collections are also possible. In any case, the compounds will be made available on the agreed date.
FORMS OF DELIVERY AND PACKAGING
Standard delivery forms include:
WigWag (also stiffened) max. width 720 mm
Sheets max. width 720 mm
Endless strips 35 x 8 to 100 x 10 mm
Granules standard: 5 x 5 x 5 mm
For the benefit of a sustainable circular economy, we use reusable packaging wherever possible:
- Euro, plastic pallets
- Metal boxes (also with dividers)
- Plastic boxes
As a matter of course, the required national and international standards for the treatment of packaging material are adhered to.
Special enquiries regarding delivery form (e.g. cords) and packaging can also be supplied on request.